Mission and Core Values
St. Joseph’s College is a Kildare Education Ministries Catholic secondary school in the Brigidine tradition.
Our mission is to challenge and empower students to be creative and critical thinkers who act with strength and kindliness in the Gospel tradition.
We envision an inclusive Catholic Learning community where all people are valued, where all creation is sacred, where the pursuit of personal excellence is paramount, and where our core values of wonder, courage, justice, hope, compassion and hospitality are our hallmarks
Our Core Values
- Hope – Bringing a sense of purpose
- Compassion – Walking with and having empathy for all
- Justice – Making the needs of the vulnerable paramount
- Wonder – Celebrating all that is good with joy and gratitude
- Courage – Speaking and acting with integrity
- Hospitality – Welcoming all
The programs of learning & teaching at St. Joseph’s College support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy.
- We educate our students about the value of democratically elected government and their place as a contributing citizen within our society.
- We respect and observe the rule of law and believe that no person is above the law.
- We respect equal rights for all before the law.
- We acknowledge freedom of religion and the need to practice and tolerance and understanding of other’s beliefs, supported by our Religious Education program.
- We respect the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association and acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
- We value the importance of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.