At St. Joseph’s College we encourage our students to be responsible for their own learning and pathway. Students are assisted in preparing for entry into a range of tertiary institutions, apprenticeships and the workplace.
VET programs are vocational studies approved by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) as appropriate for senior secondary school students. VET programs lead to nationally recognised qualifications, thereby offering students the opportunity to gain VCE or VCAL certificate and a nationally accredited vocational education and training certificate upon completion of their secondary studies.
VET programs are fully recognised within both our senior pathways, VCE/VCAL, and contribute towards the satisfactory completion of VCE with weight equal to traditional VCE subjects. Only Units 3/4 contribute towards VCE study score and not all VET studies have an attached score towards the ATAR. Our VET subjects are run over 2 years, with the exception of Public Safety which is completed in one.
St. Joseph’s College offers the following VET certificates from Year 10.
- Cert III Allied Health
- Cert III Education Support
- Cert III Music Production/Performance
- Cert III Music Production/Technical
- Cert III Sport & Recreation
- Cert III Beauty Services/Cert II Salon Assistant
- Cert II Public Safety
- Cert II Outdoor Recreation
- Cert II Applied Fashion
- Cert II Engineering
- Cert II Automotive
- Cert II Building & Construction
- Cert II & III Community Services
- Cert II Animal Studies
- Cert II Hospitality – Kitchen Operations